The OrangeGears ERP/CRM is an open source enterprise automation software based on Apache Open For Business Project project licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0. By open source enterprise automation we mean: Open Source ERP, Open Source CRM, Open Source E-Business / E-Commerce, Open Source SCM, Open Source MRP, Open Source CMMS/EAM, and so on.
OrangeGears ERP/CRM is a foundation and starting point for enterprise solutions, be they for one organization or one million. OrangeGears ERP/CRM can certainly be used OOTB (out of the box), but if you’re looking for something that works really well for that there are many open source projects that do a great job there. OrangeGears is great for creating specialized applications for use OOTB by other organizations. OrangeGears is also great for organizations that need more than what an OOTB application can offer in order to grow their operations, but find the deployment and maintenance costs of traditional enterprise systems that can handle such things to be unreasonable or unjustifiable.
Being open source under the Apache 2.0 license and driven by a community OrangeGears ERP/CRM offers both flexibility by design and by access to code, and a solution where you’re not alone but rather can work with many others to get things done.
Project Features of OrangeGears ERP Software
- advanced e-commerce
- catalog management
- order management (sales & purchase)
- customer management (part of general party management)
- warehouse management
- fulfillment (auto stock moves, batched pick, pack & ship)
- accounting (invoice, payment & billing accounts, fixed assets)
- manufacturing management
- general work effort management (events, tasks, projects, requests, etc)
- content management (for product content, web sites, general content, blogging, forums, etc)
- a maturing Point Of Sales (POS) module using XUI as rich client interface
- and much more all in an open source package!