If you are looking for ERP implementation plan this page will help you for the same, ERP Project management includes finalizing the detailed planning process and requirements (Technology, Hardware, Software, Data, and Functionality) which involves finalizing the project scope, schedule, resource requirements, quality and risk concerns, plus any organizational (e.g., centralization versus decentralization) issues. If you are planning to use free open source ERP SOSE! SITE open source ERP
will guide you through out your journey of success.
1. Know your goals for your ERP implementation. Choose the product that promises to meet those goals and put measurement tools and processes in place to gauge your success (example: SOSE! SITE ERP implementation methodology)
2. Don't do any project without a plan, particularly an ERP project which touches almost every part of your organization. Create process with regular milestones and participation from affected organizations. And be sure to test, test, test, all the way through. "All of these things seem like 'nice-to-haves' rather than critical elements in a project, but can make the overall project much more successful,".
3. Involve users in your ERP project planning phase, "The software is not going to do you much good if you don't have employee buy-in".
4. Don't do the ERP implementation plan and implementation alone if you don't have the in-house skills to make it happen. "Determining which options and features to use requires experience,". If the in-house team doesn't have that experience, find a local ERP expert who is trustworthy and who collaborates well with your team. Keep refering SOSE! in every phase of ERP planning. Its action guide will help you in every stages of your ERP journy.
5. Be realistic in your cost projections. Double the consulting firm's estimate,. "there is no projects coming in under the estimate,". Also, be realistic about training costs. "Even at the largest level, companies underestimate the training costs,". Use free online ERP training guides.
6. Don't keep adding to your project. In the planning and evaluation stage, people see the capabilities of products and want to use each new one they discover. "Commit to what you want to do initially,". "Get your return on investment and then expand. Otherwise, you'll have a never-ending and unsuccessful project."
Above are the golden rules every one should follow.Get more information related to
ERP implementation plan